How does it work?
Cats communicate through natural “happy messages” released from different parts of their body (e.g. the face, mammary area and paws). Scientifically these are known as pheromones.
When comfortable and happy, cats mark their territory as familiar by rubbing their face against corners, furniture, people or other cats at home. By doing that, they release a message. When present in the environment, these “happy messages” provide reassurance to the cats.
When modern life conflicts with their natural needs, cats don’t feel completely comfortable.
They do not release these “happy messages” anymore and can show signs such as spraying, scratching and hiding.
FELIWAY CLASSIC sends “happy messages” to cats and helps make them feel safe and secure at home.
Using feline natural reassuring messages, FELIWAY helps your cat happily adjust to the pace of modern life, encourages happiness and helps prevent signs like spraying, scratching and hiding.
How fast will i see results?
A lot of cat owners will start to see results within the first 7 days.
However, every cat is unique. Depending on how long the signs of stress have been present and their severity, it may take longer to see the effects. We recommend using FELIWAY CLASSIC for at least 1 month.
How long should i use it?
Most cats will benefit from permanent use of FELIWAY CLASSIC to create a happy environment in your home. The minimum recommended duration is one month.
When to use it ?
- To comfort your cat at home constantly
- If your cat shows signs like spraying, scratching walls or furniture (in multiple locations)
- If your cat shows signs of stress such as hiding, reduced activity, reduced appetite, over grooming.
- If you anticipate changes in your home (E.g. moving home, renovation, redecorating, arrival of a new pet, arrival of a new family member…)
Where to use?
- In the room where your cats spends most of their time
- In each room where tension or conflicts happen most often.
Where NOT to use?
- Hallways: Cats spend very little of their time in hallways, so the efficacy would be weaker.(Except if the hallway is the area where scratching or cat spraying is happening most often)
- Near the litter box: Cats spend very little of their time near their litter box, so the efficacy would be weaker. (If the litter box is in the same room where your cat spends most of their
When NOT to use?
- If your cat has no access to a clean litter tray, it will urinate in your home, and FELIWAY CLASSIC will not help in this scenario.
- If your cat has no access to a scratching post, it will scratch your walls or furniture instead (because scratching is an essential need of cats), and FELIWAY CLASSIC will not help.
- If your cat is urinating, hiding or eating less for medical reasons, FELIWAY CLASSIC will not help. It is important to consult a veterinarian to rule out any potential medical issues.
- If your cat is showing signs of conflict with another cat living in your home, we recommend using FELIWAY FRIENDS instead
- FELIWAY will not help in cases of tension or even aggression towards owners. In such situations, we recommend to consult your veterinarian or a behaviourist.